Perkins and Jennings

The front page article drove me back here, so let's see if we can get some discussion moving again!

The excellent performances from the bench by these two on Tuesday got me thinking just how quickly football can change.

Arguably, these 2 were among the 3/4 most important players for us last season, just one division below. Some people will say there isn't much of a gap between L1 and L2, but I think it is bigger than some believe.

Anyway, despite Perks being another year older (37) and Jennings a victim of needing to play left wing at this level a few times, I thought both were excellent on Tuesday. Perks can add real energy fro the bench, while Jennings playing off a frontman is undoubtedly his best position. I'd like to see him involved more as he often has a goal in him too.

The front page article drove me back here, so let's see if we can get some discussion moving again!

The excellent performances from the bench by these two on Tuesday got me thinking just how quickly football can change.

Arguably, these 2 were among the 3/4 most important players for us last season, just one division below. Some people will say there isn't much of a gap between L1 and L2, but I think it is bigger than some believe.

Anyway, despite Perks being another year older (37) and Jennings a victim of needing to play left wing at this level a few times, I thought both were excellent on Tuesday. Perks can add real energy fro the bench, while Jennings playing off a frontman is undoubtedly his best position. I'd like to see him involved more as he often has a goal in him too.
I think we probably all thought/think that Jennings needs to have a pacey striker ahead of him if he's playing in that central role, purely because of the success he had with Nors.

In reality, he's a clever player, and playing off a battering ram of a centre forward like Cook may be equally as effective. I think Cook would favour it too as he will have someone with a bit of intelligence to link up with.

That said, I think Vaughan has shown signs of promise as well playing with Cookie.

I think we probably all thought/think that Jennings needs to have a pacey striker ahead of him if he's playing in that central role, purely because of the success he had with Nors.

In reality, he's a clever player, and playing off a battering ram of a centre forward like Cook may be equally as effective. I think Cook would favour it too as he will have someone with a bit of intelligence to link up with.

That said, I think Vaughan has shown signs of promise as well playing with Cookie.
Enjoy seeing Jennings play again, you can't help but love his effort and enthusiasm.

However, I'd also love to see Ferrier given a run up front alongside Cook

Perkins offers great experience and can use the ball really well. Feel the amount of games he was playing affected his performances around the turn of the year and he was less effective. But definitely a useful player to have in the squad.

Connor offers enthusiasm in abundance, great work rate and a goal threat. Best in the number 10 position I feel, and playing the 4-4-2, there doesn't seem to be a spot for him currently. Wasted out wide, not really a front 2 player, and don't think he'd work best in a midfield 2 either. Again, a brilliant player to have in the squad, but don't think the current formation would get the best out of him.

I think on the whole both have struggled this season, as have most of them to be fair. Jennings provides a goal threat but does tend to give the ball away a lot. Perkins was really struggling but time out of the side might have done him good. Both will be needed for the final 12 games.

I think on the whole both have struggled this season, as have most of them to be fair. Jennings provides a goal threat but does tend to give the ball away a lot. Perkins was really struggling but time out of the side might have done him good. Both will be needed for the final 12 games.
Definitely agree on them both being needed. Perks' energy off the bench could be key.

That song needs a refresh! Agree with what you say, it's been a big step up for those players who have come through from the NL to L1. We'll need all the players between now and the end of the season if we're to get out of the mess we're in.