Tranmere star Connor Jennings took to social media last night to reveal he is on the mend and hoping to be discharged from hospital following a health scare.
Rovers boss Micky Mellon confirmed on Saturday that Connor was in hospital and was very poorly. While speculation spread on social media and forums as to what the issue is/was, nothing is confirmed so we won’t speculate.
Mellon had said: “Connor Jennings is not well, so we’ll see how he is over the next day or so.
“He’s in hospital at the minute, so all our thoughts are with him getting well again more than anything else.”
The great news, however, is that Connor himself tweeted to thank everyone for their support, specifically expressing gratitude to his family and Tranmere. The player had spent five days in hospital but was hoping to be discharged last night.
Thank you to everyone for their support.. it’s been a tough 5 days in hospital but recovery going well & hoping to be out this evening,Thanks to my family & @TranmereRovers for their support during this period. Time to recharge the batteries & cheer the lads on for Saturday!⚽
— Connor Jennings (@connorjennings1) May 2, 2018
While you’d expect it highly unlikely for Connor to play any further part this season, the main news is that he is on the road to recovery, and it provides a huge boost to everyone ahead of the play-off campaign.
Jennings also said on Twitter that he was hoping to be well enough to attend Saturday’s play-off game against Ebbsfleet United to cheer his team mates on.
As we now have the chance to make amends for last year’s play-off final defeat, we will bring ourselves to leave the video of Connor’s stunning Wembley goal below.
Hope to see him back in a Rovers shirt doing this next season!